Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Airplane Knitting - Brooklyn Tweed Noro Scarf

An almost perfect project for knitting on an airplane: the Brooklyn Tweed striped Noro scarf. I say "almost" perfect because unwinding the two skeins of yarn while crammed into a middle seat between two teenage boys (lovely as they are) was a little tiresome. I made a lot of headway on the plane from Boston to Denver, then knit a lot in our slopeside condo (watching the Sopranos) after strenuous days of skiing.

I used Silk Garden in colors 258 and 264. Here's Bode helping model it:



Not to be outdone, here's Dixie modeling it.


Lastly, here I am wearing it as we attempt to patronize the only yarn shop in Aspen - The Yarn Gallery. Despite the fact that it was 5 PM there was an "out to lunch" note on the door. I never did get inside...

No comments:

Post a Comment